phpsqlitesite database-backed content web site solution using PHP 5 and SQLite
phpsqlitesite is a minimal PHP / SQLite content web site system. It consists of one PHP source code file and one SQLite database file, with no requirements other than PHP 5.2 and SQLite 3, which is part of the standard PHP distribution.
- Light on server resources. SQLite read speeds are faster than MySQL and require only filesystem access, so your site will remain responsive even on a shared server under heavy load.
- Low memory requirements. phpsqlitesite uses less than 512 kB for an average site. (Check the footer below.) Another great feature on shared servers.
- Easy to maintain. All pages get automatically linked into your site navigation.
- Easy to style. Redesign your entire site by editing one file. The appearance of page elements is controlled with standard CSS.
- Not stripped down. Despite its small footprint, phpsqlitesite sites can include an integrated, spam-free comments section, as well as Facebook and Twitter social sharing links.
- Integrated search. What good is a database-backed web site without a search engine? phpsqlitesite can include a search form on every page to let your visitors find the content they're interested in.
Coming in version 0.4:
- Online editor! Now edit your web site right in your browser; no need for an external database editor. Setup information is in the download files.
- Optional external support files have been added for sharing code, commenting and ad display.
- Improved language support. Translation links are shown in the site navigation area, and search will only show pages for the current language.
- Updated default look. As always, you can restyle your site by just editing the index file